One of the main attractions of Matemwe is the world class diving at Mnemba Atoll. This is one of the best places for snorkeling and diving off Zanzibar, with a high chance of seeing turtles and wild dolphins in addition to the diverse and colourful coral reef fish.
But for many of our guests simply doing nothing is considered a serious activity. Do not be surprised if you are quite content to simply soak up the sun lying in a hammock with a good book or cocktail.
Regardless of whether you are feeling lazy or energetic the lodge has a number of activities and experiences on offer.
Water based activities
- Snorkeling and diving at the famous reefs of Mnemba Atoll
- Full range of diving courses available through Scubafish, so please take a look at their website to find out more: scubafishzanzibar.com
- Scenic kayaking along the reef
- Guided reef walks to explore the tropical marine life
- Local/traditional sailing & fishing
- Deep sea fishing
As with many sea-based activities, the timing of some of these activities is governed by the tides and water levels.
- Escape to Infinity remote sandbank excursion
- Day trips to historic Stone Town
- Spice tours
- Jozani Forest tour
- Guided Matemwe Village walk
- Sundowner dhow trips
We offer a great range off wellbeing treatments to spoil yourself and for total relaxation
Featured Itineraries including Matemwe
13 Day Bush & Beach
Our “Bush & Beach” itinerary aims to capitalise on the lucrative special offers available at Asilia properties. This itinerary, designed specifically outside of peak season, offers a high quality safari and beach combination at a greatly reduced price.
By incorporating the Mara Naboisho Conservancy with the Maasai Mara National Reserve, guests are ensured of the best possible safari experience.
** Asilia Africa properties only.
Asilia camps & lodges in this itinerary:
Matemwe Retreat, Naboisho Camp, Rekero Camp